The area of legal metrology
The area of legal metrology covers the measurements that are carried out during the following:
- Conducting trade and payments between the buyer and the seller;
- Determination of taxable base;
- Implementation of customs and bank operations;
- Maintenance of human life and health protection;
- Performance of state technical inspection of the means of transport, diagnostics of operating conditions of the means of transport;
- Maintenance of industrial safety of dangerous industrial objects, fire safety and radiation safety;
- Realization of geodetic and cartographical activity;
- Realization of hydrometeorological activity;
- Rendering of mail and telecommunication services;
- Tests performance and control for products and materials conformity to the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Belarus;
- Carrying out of expert examinations;
- Maintenance of defence and state safety;
- Maintenance of environment protection;
- Maintenance of labour safety;
- Realization of the state metrological supervision;
- Realization of metrological control;
- Control of observance of the requirements to the packaged goods;
- Realization of laboratory and research diagnostics by veterinary service;
- Manufacturing and application of slot machines and devices with money winnings;
- Registration of international and national sports records. By legislative acts of the Republic of Belarus the area of legal metrology can be extended on measurements carrying out in other fields of activity.
The system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements of the Republic of Belarus is a complex of measures on state regulation and management, state metrological supervision and metrological control, carrying out by the authorities, legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and other physical persons with the aim of ensuring the uniformity of measurements.
The results of measurements implemented in the system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements are expressed in authorized units, have traceability to the national and international standards, the guaranteed degree of accuracy and reliability and are the basis for decision-making in economy, industry, science, trade, public health services, environmental protection, products and natural resources assessment and control, defence, safety, transport and communications and other sectors.